Oh Facebook ! It's you again. Today I received a mail from Facebook saying that they have lost my email notification settings. Following is the mail I received.


"From: Facebook <************@facebookmail.com>
To: *******@******.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:31:29 PM
Subject: Please reset your email notification settings.

Unfortunately, the settings that control which email notifications get sent to you were lost. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

To reset your email notification settings, go to:

http://www.facebook.com/editaccount.php?notifications

Thanks,
The Facebook Team"


First I thought this is a mail from a phishing site. Then I realized that this is really from Facebook mail. But without clicking the link given I directly logged in to Facebook. Oh! I was very upset by the message I saw.

"Please reset your email notification settings.

Unfortunately, your email notification settings have been lost. You can reset them on the Notifications page. We're sorry for the inconvenience."


How did you lose my email notification settings Facebook ? It's a common fact that nowadays every system keeping backups. But why Facebook didn't keep its system backups. I wonder whether this is an isolated incident. I didn't hear from others that they have received such a mail. Though its isolated or not this is not good for the "reputation" Facebook has.
Earlier in one of my posts I have mentioned some privacy issues of Facebook.
If this current incident is common for a whole bunch of people, then an explanation will be needed from Facebook.

Did anyone of you experience this ???

Update :
I found a similar story. Click here to find out.

1 comments

  1. Indika Athukorala  

    2 December 2008 at 10:21

    WoW mac, greate!!!!
    I'm also noticed this issue...keep it up. :)
    http://micodes.blogspot.com



Recent Entries

Recent Comments

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter